With the recent announcement of the Civil War event happening in 'Captain America 3' Warner Bros. were due to make a splash in the comic book movie announcement war. Today at a shareholder meeting, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara announced the plans for the Justice League film directed by Zack Snyder. He also gave news of a few upcoming films in the works as well.
'Suicide Squad' will be directed by David Ayer and is planned for a 2016 release. 'Wonder Woman' and 'Justice League' are being penciled in for a 2017 release. Then in 2018 we'll see Ezra Miller star as The Flash and Jason Momoa will lead in the 'Aquaman' solo film. 'Shazam' was a film most expected to directly follow 'Batman v Superman' but fans will have to wait to see The Rock as Black Adam until 2019 which is also when the second Justice League film is set to hit theaters. And finally in 202 we'll see Ray Fisher as Cyborg in his own film and a reboot of the 'Green Lantern' franchise as well. We'll also see standalone films for Batman and Superman, but no release date has been confirmed.
So with all that, here's a better breakdown of the upcoming films:
- Batman v Superman (March 25th, 2016)
- Suicide Squad (August 5th, 2016)
- Directed by David Ayer
- Wonder Woman (June 23rd, 2017)
- Starring Gal Gadot
- Justice League Part One (November 12th, 2017)
- Directed by Zack Snyder, starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams
- The Flash (March 23rd, 2018)
- Starring Ezra Miller
- Aquaman (July 27th, 2018)
- Starring Jason Momoa
- Shazam (April 5th, 2019)
- Starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Black Adam
- Justice League Part Two (June 14th, 2019)
- Directed by Zack Snyder
- Cyborg (April 3rd, 2020)
- Starring Ray Fisher
- Green Lantern (June 19th, 2020)
Well how do you guys feel about this news?